About Me

Retrowave GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nehchal. That’s my name. What does it mean? I couldn’t tell you, there’s not much to it – I guess my parents liked the sound of it. What I can do, though, is tell you all about what makes me, – me. 

Family. The most important thing in my life. My backbone, my support, my biggest fans on the bleachers. My source of love, comfort and influence. Immigrants who came into this foreign country in order to make a living and provide their children with the best opportunities possible. A foreign world in which they began a new life in. No words or actions will ever be enough to thank them for their hard work and struggle, to simply help keep a smile on their face and to not waste the opportunities they have provided for me is the least I can do.  

Sports. My passion from a young age. Volleyball, basketball, track and field, soccer and badminton are all sports I grew up playing. Basketball. From playing in the background to playing on a community team to being scouted on a club team, I’ve fallen in love with the sport. I’ve travelled places I never would have because of this sport. Family is what I like to call my teammates. They’ve become a huge part of my life and people I look up to. A bad day could easily be turned around by a game of basketball.

Friends. The support system you build outside your own family. People you share similar values and beliefs with. People you can count on to have your back through anything and everything.  They are a constant influence in our lives whether that be good or bad. Friends accept you for who you are and don’t expect you to change for them. A mutual affection is present which only becomes stronger over time. 

About me. Welcome to my blog. I hope this little piece helped you learn a little bit about who I am and what I most enjoy about life. 

Featured Image: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcoub.com%2Fview%2F1juw76&psig=AOvVaw0CdPOz2KUS35AWRca_yhO-&ust=1602960225063000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCOiMhqviuewCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAL

3 thoughts on “About Me”

1. Dear Nehchal,
    I loved the emotion you have put behind this piece of writing, and as your first page on the blog it does a great job informing potential readers about who you truly are. I enjoyed how you had highlighted 3 of the most influential factors in your life and how they have shaped your identity.

However I felt your writing could have used a few more descriptive words to add more structure. Additional paragraphs highlighting other factors that impact your life would have been awesome as well.

This carefully crafted piece has done an awesome job creating a connection between yourself and the reader. I am ecstatic to see whats on the way!!

Sincerely,
    Khushman

2. Dear Nehchal,
    I love the simplicity of the important aspects of your life and how they are intertwined into your life and each other. The depth that you went into for each factor clearly shows how each uniquely represents you. I especially liked the how casual and free the beginning was and how it tied back to your title.

I felt that the grammar in this piece could be improved but I know that the noredink throughout the semester will help with that. For example, in the beginning as you say, “What I can do though is tell you all about what makes me – me,” there should be a comma before and after “though” and between the two “me’s”.

Overall, I loved learning more about you rather than just putting a name to a face. I can’t wait for your free choice this month as I am curious to see what type of writing style you will choose.

Sincerely,
    Hadlen

3. Thank you both for taking the time to read and comment on my About Me. I really appreciate the nice comments and feedback I received. I went in and fixed my GUMPS and will make sure to look out for them in my future posts.

I understand my post was a little short and could have been longer with additional paragraphs. This was my first writing piece in this class which made me a little nervous resulting in minimal writing. I will definitely keep your advice in mind for my next post.

Again, thank you both for the gratitude!